I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 11, 2012

7.11.12

Matthew 17:20 You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”

My Thoughts
Faith grows!!... When we get in God's word....and we surround ourselves with Godly people we have an opportunity for our faith to grow! As we learn the promises of God.. and watch them play out in lives of godly people our own faith begins to grow.  When we go to God in prayer... and I mean specific prayers it makes us aware when God answers them... that grows our faith. When we take a step toward something that seems impossible...and put the end results in God's hands...then we all the sudden find we are capable... our faith grows.. the more our faith grows... the more we depend on God.. the more God can accomplish thought us.

Ninety-two days ago I set off on a journey to feel like a healthy person...I asked God to help me!!  My goal was to exercise and get dressed every day for 80 days so that it would become a habit.. so that I will feel like a well person, a healthy person...so that maybe that good habit would trickle down into the rest of my life.  I knew that I needed God..I was not the exercising type at all...on top of that I was exhausted all the time from Lupus and Fibromyalgia... could I really do this... not without God!! I gave it to God.. stepped up and got started.  At first I could only exercise 5 minutes, just 5 minutes and I felt like my heart would explode... it was that way for a few weeks... but God stepped in because I asked Him too... Now, 92 days later I exercise every morning.. usually for a little over an hour.. and I have changed my diet drastically... and I am excited about it!!!  It is not always easy to do...but it is always exciting!!  I could not have moved that mountain without God!!  God made it possible... God grew me... God made sure that I saw myself as healthy!!  God grew my faith.

Sunday I went up to be prayed for for healing for my body..I have done this many times before.  But Sunday, because God grew my faith, it was different.  Before I went up hoping that somebody elses prayers would be answered and I would be healed... This time my faith in God had grown and when I went up to be prayed for for healing I told God "God, I feel you healing my body every day, I am here today to accept your healing over my body!"  Those prayers that were being prayed for me Sunday felt different...the oil that was placed on my head smelled stronger... my body felt different.  The Bible says that "Your faith will make you whole." and it says "Seek and you will find." I have  learned to seek after a stronger faith in what God can do!!  I have learned that my faith can grow if I give it all to God.  God keeps growing us!!  Our part is to seek after Him!!

No comments: