I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 21, 2012

7.13.12

Romans 12:2 (Amplified Bible)  Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

My Thoughts
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind. Romans 7:13 tells us that Satin uses the knowledge of the commandments for his own evil purposes.  So often what we know of God is the commandment's and that Jesus died for our sins.  Our real true knowledge of God's promises stops there or somewhere close to there.  I know for so long that mind did.  I knew just enough for the devil to use what I knew against me.  I knew just enough that the devil could fill me with guilt.

The world is always putting things in our minds...through television, magazines, books, advertisements. Making things that were unacceptable, acceptable.  One of the ones that stick out in my mind that really bothered me was a recent Oreo commercial the mom says...with her children in the room "Well shut the front door."... we all know the phrase that was referring to... now people say that "Well shut the front door." all the time like it is ok... like it does not mean the "R" rated version.  But it does...we all know it does.  We think the "G" rated version is ok... because a commercial told us it was... but we all know that the "R" rated version is not ok. Yet they are one in the same.  Satin slipped that one in on some of us... conforming us to this world by modifying the bad into something that seems acceptable. It saddens me.

The only way that we can fight all the things that bombard our minds through media...and what others pick up from media is to constantly renew our minds with God's word.. we need to really know God's word... how much He loves us, how much He is willing to help us and grow us, what all God's word says about how we can go about being good people.  God tells us how to combat evil...but to do that we have to know what God's word says.  God's word has great power over Satin... over evil. God gives us His word to combat evil... but we have to have it stored up in our hearts... we have to keep our heads filled with God's word...and we have to renew our minds and hearts with God's word to be able to fight off the evil of this world.. if we don't renew our minds, our minds will get so filled with stuff that it crowds out what we have learned.  We need a constant renewal of our minds so that we will recognize evil when it happens. 

The wonderful thing about God's word is how powerful it is... it does not take much of our time to be a mighty force!.. We can spend just 15 or 30 minutes a day in God world...and be bombarded  for another 15 1/2 hours with other things...and God's word can win out. I we are going to watch TV, read magazines and books, listen to people give us advice for so many hours in the day... we need the power of God's word to help us discern the good from the evil.  It is a small investment that has huge rewards.

No comments: