I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 25, 2012

7.25.12

2 Chronicles 16:12 In the 39th year of his reign, Asa developed a serious foot disease. Yet even with the severity of his disease, he did not seek the Lord's help but turned only to his physicians. So he died in the forty-first year of his reign.

My Thoughts
Wow... I think of how many times that I have been to the doctor with either minor things... or bigger things like my Lupus and and failed to pray. I have prayed to be healed over my Lupus. But am not sure that I have every prayed on my way to the doctor, or before I went to the doctor with a Lupus flair.  This verse will change ever visit I make to the doctor.

I do remember in November 2010  praying just before my Bible reading... God prompted me to call the doctor...in the middle of my prayers God said to me call Dr. Ayers now!!  I had, had a tummy ache for about a month ... not bad but constant...that weekend I had been really hot..I kept turning down the thermostat and all the kids came to visit...they complained because it was freezing...when I check the thermostat it was on 58 degrees...I was burning up wasn't I??  On Monday I had turned the thermostat back up to normal and thought nothing else of it... then I got that message from God right in my spirit... "Call Dr. Ayers now!" I did... even before I did my Bible reading.  I told them that I needed an appointment...but there was no hurry...I wasn't feeling my best...but I was not feeling bad either.  They told me to be there at 2:30.  I said Okay, who was I to argue with what God prompted?  I prayed that day, "God you know why you sent me here I put this into your hands."  When Dr. Ayers came into the room he asked me what was going  on... I told him two things 1. That I had had a tummy ache for a few weeks. 2. That I had been so hot on the weekend. He looked at me and said, without hesitation "I believe it is your gallbladder. I will schedule some test." I went on Wednesday... Thanksgiving was Thrusday... We got the results on Monday, and on Tuesday I had my gallbladder removed. I was never afraid. Not for one minute, God had told me to go to the doctor, if I was not going to be okay, why would he have sent me?

What I have learned over the past few months is that God prompts us in so many ways! He puts useful information in our paths so that we can understand it.  If we pray about what we have learned, God will tell us how to use that information. Or if that information is useful for our situation.  I believe that God has put so much healthy information in my path to show me how He is going to go about healing my body.  It is up to me to listen and to use that information.  I was praying about all the information that I have received lately about health  and God dropped in my spirit these words, "If Noah hadn't built the ark he would have drowned." I knew in that instance that if I didn't exercise and eat right I would get worse... if I did exercise and eat right that I was going to be more than just better!!

I love this verse... God does not tell us not to seek doctors here... He tells us that Asa didn't not seek Him, that he turned "only" to his physicians. I am lead to believe by this verse that if Asa had been seeking God too when he went to his doctor that God would have healed Asa through his doctor. 

We should constantly be seeking God in all that we do... but we need to be totally aware that we need to seek after God for his healing on our body as we seek our our physicians for the knowledge that God has placed in their hearts, heads and hands. 

Even when we have a small cut...and we watch that cut amazing heal .. watch it go away... look down later and not even be able to tell that it was ever there... we need to look up and thank God for that miracle of healing. We take so little notice of so much that we are use to seeing that we forget to be amazed, we forget to be in awe of God and all the everyday miracles He places in our lives every day!! We bandage little children's boboo's like the bandage is the healer and we forget to teach them at that tiny age that our wonderful God is at work under that band-aid. We forget to remember that in so many places in the world that big diseases get in through small cuts or scratches.  We are so blessed that God heals us.  We need to always remember to invite Him to be under our small bandages and with our doctor visits. We need to thank Him for each victory big and small that he has over our bodies!!  We need never to forget that our God is the great physician!


No comments: