I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 16, 2012

7.16.12

Proverbs 19:13 A foolish child is a calamity to a father, a quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping.

My Thoughts
I wonder how often we annoy our husbands by just being disagreeable. No argumentative just disagreeable. I think I might be guilty of this, no I am guilty of this.  I try often to get Robby to see the other side of  a thing a happening. I say "but what if you look at it this way?"  I am trying to be sweet when I do this...but I think that I may be being "as annoying as constant dripping."  Often it is just his view on the world... do I really want him to see the world different than he does?  After all I did fall in love with this man.  He is a godly man, he loves God! If he needs to see something differently than I need to let God work on that and just be a good listener, a sounding block. I sure don't need to be quarrelsome in any way.  I want to be loving and kind, a wife that is there for her husband. I am going to pay better attention to what I say about what Robby is saying so I will never be "as annoying as constant dripping," don't you just hate that sound?!

How blessed I am that God would make me aware of my actions so that I could improve myself as a wife, as a mother, as a friend. 

No comments: