I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, July 15, 2012

7.15.12

Romans 2:2 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God.  And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit.  And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.

My Thoughts
This verse is telling us that being a Christian is not about following religious laws...it is about loving God, seeking after Him, loving Him enough that what He thinks about our actions, our thoughts, our words is more important to us than what anybody else thinks!   When we seek after God.. praise Him and love Him... everything else will fall right into place.  We won't have to try to please God... we will want to please God and He will make us able to do it!!  His grace makes us able!!  He gives us the power to resist sin and win the battle against the devil.

The thing is.. Christianity is not about doing what is right and being perfect.. it is about loving God so much that we are in a place where God changes us...then we begin to do what is right because we love God... not to win prizes or favor...but out of pure love.  Doing right out of our love for God!  If we love God... if we seek God... if we love God so much that He is who we want to please...then God makes  us able to do all other things out of His love for us!!

The more I know God...the more I seek after Him, the more I understand this verse.  We don't have to be there...we just have to work toward getting there..then God takes over!

No comments: