I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 18, 2012

7.18.12

Romans 5:3-5 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

My Thoughts
I love this!! It is a beautiful verse!!  When we run into problems and trials and we learn to give them over to God...then the next time we have a problem or trial...we give it over sooner...we know we can get thought this trial because God got us through before... as our faith in God grows that He will get us through, we begin to handle the problems that come along in life with more and more character, with grace. Holding our heads up high... having confidence that God is going to be there with us..and God is going to get us through to the other side!!  As our faith grows, our confidence that God will save us grows!! How exciting!!

Then this is my favorite part... "we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love!"  Every time we are lead by the Holy Spirit inside of us... prompting us to do something, telling us not to do something else...we are being showered with God's love!! Every time that we feel deep down in our spirit that we are worthy, that we can, that all things are possible...that is God loving us through the Holy Spirit inside of us!!   God's words are loving and encouraging...when they tell us not to do something they are kind words. God words are words of forgiveness, and words of strength. God's words are words of peace and love.  When we hear those kind of words deep in our spirit..we can know they are from God, Himself, telling us through the Holy Spirit things He wants us to know...and those words mean that we are so loved by God. 

Next time you hear that prompting of love.. smile... because it is you, being loved so dearly by God, Himself!!

No comments: