I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, July 13, 2012

7.13.12

1 Chronicles 15:9 Sing to Him; yes, sing his praises.  Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.

My Thoughts
We need to go about telling God thank you!!... Being aware of each thing that goes right in our days and sending up a thank you to God.  Praising God constantly for the things that He does for us...then we need to tell others. What better witness is there than letting people what God does for us!!

To be able to do this we have to learn to be aware of our blessing.  We have to take notice of all the things that are good in our life, in our day, in our spouses, in our children, in our friends, in our jobs. 

The devil reminds us all the time of the things that goes wrong...partly because he is bragging.. partly because he wants to trip us up and get our focus off of God. So often a 100 things can go right and we spend the whole day focusing on the one thing that went wrong. We can decide our life is terrible because all we see is the bad things.

We can decided how wonderful our life is if we choose to focus on the good things...and there are so many good things!  Sometimes the things that seem "bad" are blessing that we don't even know happened to us.  If we loose our car keys in the morning...that may just be a blessing that kept us from being at the wrong intersection at the wrong time.

Just yesterday when I took my step-mom Gail to the doctor...she had a late appointment...the doctor told her to put on a gown and he would be right back...he forgot her!!... He did... there only 2 nurses and the doctor left...all the lights were off...when they opened the door and saw us there!!  I saw it as a blessing because it kept us from being in the 5 o'clock traffic in B'ham!!... We laughed about it all the way home.  It could have made us angry and upset the rest of our night...but we chose to see the blessing in it!  How often could we have a perfectly wonderful day in spite of a bad happening if we would just choose to see a blessing??  This was a good lesson for me!! 

We have to set about seeking after the blessings... looking for them like they are the treasures that they are.  Our blessings are more valuable than diamonds or gold... think about how we would seek those if somebody told us they were hidden somewhere in our day..we would search diligently!  Yet we tend to overlook our everyday blessings!!  It is time that we take a stand, a stand to be thankful!!  To seek and to find each and every blessing in our day!!  It would make God smile that we took time to notice what he is doing for us...and it would change our lives in amazing ways!!! 

Will you make a commitment today to seek after the blessing in your day? I will seek the blessing that God has given me today!!  When we do that God even blesses us more!!

No comments: