I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 2, 2012

7.2.12

Psalms 16:6  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

My Thoughts
God sets boundaries for us all the time.. but what he gives us inside those boundaries are good things for us!  We should delight in them..show God how thankful we are for what He has chosen to give to us.  Be thankful.. show God that we will use what He has chosen to give us wisely.  I think when we do that God expands our boundaries. 

So often we want so much that we forget to take notice of what we have!  We forget to look around and enjoy all that God has provided for us!!  We get so busy getting caught up in what we don't have.  We walk around never saying "Thank You" to God.  We don't live like thankful people when we keep wanting more, and more, and more. 

God sets our boundaries in pleasant places..when we grow He gives us more.  When God give us things, He give them at the right time.  He cares about the desires of our hearts. 

So often what we get is straight from the devil himself... the devil wants us to have things that distract us from God... Often the devil will tell us we deserve something and talk us into getting it  before we have the money.  The devil attaches string...and as soon as we get that we want more...we can't sleep for worry of how we are going to pay for what we thought we deserved.

 When God gives us something special... something new...  one of the desires of our hearts... there are no string attached... he give us gifts when we can enjoy them to the fullest.  But to be able to do that we have to be aware of what God has given us... we have to be aware enough to be thankful... We have to understand that God will supply our needs... the wonderful thing is if we wait on God, he gives us things according to His riches and glory... those things have to be so much better than what we would ever go after be cause we think "we deserve it."  God give us things, not be cause "we deserve it" but because He loves us so much. And when it comes from God it is such a delightful inheritance!!

Does God set boundaries for us? You bet He does!!  Good boundaries... boundaries that keep us safe, that keep us happy, that fill us with joy and peace and love... God's boundaries are like a fence built on the side of a a cliff... He give us a beautiful view to enjoy, on that takes our breath away if we stop and notice it...the he puts up a fence to keep us from falling, all because He loves us so very much!!

No comments: