I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 12, 2012

7:12.12

Jeremiah 29:13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

My Thoughts
The Amplified Bible says it this way "Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require me [as vital and necessary] and find me when you search for Me with all your heart.

When we look for God, He is there... when we call out to Him.. when we put Him first...when we truly seek Him to be a part of our lives!!  He is there!!

We talked about how going to God should always be our first response in any situation, last night at church.  I am getting better at this...the more I know God...the more I study His word.. I get better at this.

Sometimes, like today when I felt panic...I let the panic take over... I get washed over with anxiety...but only for a while...then I turn to God... I feel like I am making progress... I don't get lost in the panic and anxiety for long any more...I am able to recognize the words that come straight from the devil himself... I seem to start there knowing it is time to turn to God.  At first it feels like my thoughts...those "Oh I can't do this!! This one is just too hard." I feel the panic come on me..the anxiety...then the devil dig in his heals and starts saying it louder "You can't" "You are not capable!" ..when I hear that "You Can't" I know it is from the devil...that is when I say I am not listening to you!!  I can do all things through Christ!! Then I start praying.  I will save myself so much trouble when I hear myself say "I can't" and start there with my prayers. 

Today I have to drive in B'ham traffic...it makes me crazy...and so nervous. Especially when I don't know where I am going...My dad could tell me streets... my step-mom couldn't tell me streets.. they sure couldn't tell me which lanes to plan to get in.  I was in a panic!!.. A full out panic..tears, anxiety... thinking I couldn't do this!!... I couldn't imagine how God was going to tell me how either...I was to panicked to think of all the ways God does tell us!!  Then I heard the devil tell me "You can't do this!!" and I recognized his voice...I begin to earnestly seek after God.. to inquire of him.. to ask Him with all my heart to tell me which lanes to get into.. to open up the traffic for me... to keep us safe...to give my panicked self some peace.  My sweet cousin Jeff called just a few minutes after that... after I had, had time to calm down through my prayers...he had seen my panicked post on Facebook... not only could he tell me how to go...which I had from Google (looking at them made me crazier!!), he told me which lanes to get into when and told me he would be in the office all day to call him if I needed more help... He called with the kind of information I needed!!  God answered my prayer... God didn't wait either...once I sought God, he answered!!  Oh the tears I would have saved myself if I had just asked God first!! 

God is always there for His children, always. He is just polite about it, waiting patiently for us to say "God, I need you!"

No comments: