I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, July 20, 2012

7.20.12

Psalms 50:15 When I call on God in the day of trouble; He will deliver me and I will honor and glorify Him.

My Thoughts
We all know that we can call on God... people that hardly ever pray, pray when things get really bad... we know that God will be there for us in times of trouble. Even people that know very little about God's word know this.  It is a wonderful thing that God is there for us and loves us so much. 

What we often forget is the last part of this verse... "I will honor and glorify Him!" I know that I am guilty of this in the past...and still today I am guilty of this at times. How dare me!!  Everything that we have is a gift from God, everything!!  Often we set our lives up in a way that gets us into a mess then we ask God to get us out of that mess...so often He does...then we go about thinking that we are lucky.  We are not lucky ...did we forget what we prayed???  We are blessed, not lucky.  Each and every time that we call on God and He delivers us...we need to stop and say "Thank you God! For loving me and saving me from this mess I got myself in." "Thank you God for loving me and taking care of me in this time of trouble." The we need to honor God and glorify Him ...by answering when people say.. "You were so lucky." our answer needs to be "No, I was so blessed, God did this." We need to make an effort, we need to decide to be constantly aware of what God does in our lives. If we are aware we have such a better opportunity to be thankful... to honor and glorify God. 

No comments: