I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 19, 2012

7.19.12

Romans 10:17 Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

My Thoughts
The more we hear God's word the more our faith grows.  I heard Joyce Meyer say, "We believe what we hear ourselves say more than we believe anything else." It got me to thinking that I need to hear myself say God's word our loud.  Then not only have I read it...I have also heard it.  That is when I started reading God's word out loud. It is amazing the difference. It is like multiplying what you read by three... you read it, you say it and you hear it.  It is like planting it 3 times in your heart. In Matthew 13 we are told that if we plant God's word in our heart it will indeed bear fruit and yield a good return!!  God's word grows us into better people...our faith grows with God's word. Reading God's word, really reading it... thinking about what it says .. will change our lives in amazing ways!!  In God's way...which is always perfect!! If we want to make changes for the better in our lives, the sure way to do that is to learn God's word...and let him grow our faith...which grows our hope...which grows our lives in amazing ways.

No comments: