I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 24, 2012

7.24.12

Psalms 18:47 He is the God who pays back those who harm me; he subdues the nations under me and rescued me from my enemies.

My Thoughts
I was thinking about how God loves all of His children...every one of us. Our only real enemy is the devil.  If I am God child and He will rescue me from people who mistreat me.  Then if I mistreat somebody that is God's child ...he will also rescue them from me!! 

In Matthew 5:42-24 Jesus tells us 43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.

What we have to remember is that God loves us all...and the devil is fighting for all of us.  When we mess up don't we want people praying for us?? So when somebody else looses a momentary battle with the devil himself shouldn't we pray for them?  We should!!  Jesus tells us to. 

We have to learn to separate evil acts from people and know that the devil causes the evil ...we have to understand if at some weak moment the devil gets a hold us of us, that we need and want people praying for us, making us strong, putting us back on the right track with God. 

As Christians...as children of God we need to be loving, even when others are not loving. Jesus didn't come to this earth to pick out the "good"  and "perfect" people to love, He came to let the "bad" people know that they were loved by God... that God could change them... that He was here to die for their sins...that they were loved...and that they didn't have to be prisoners of satin!

In the mist of this Batman Movie Massacre I see Christians talk about praying for the victims and their families...oh we need to do that!!  Then I see Christians talk about how this lost soul...ow this man so young, needs to be put to death!!  Pure hate for this  young man. And I think... he did do something so awful... he does deserve to be punished for what he has done to so many...but above all the people it seems that he needs our prayers the most, he had a moment in time where satin was able to take hold so tight that this young man was lost to himself and lost to God.  If as Christians we are to do as Jesus preached love our enemies pray for those who persecute us.. we are to pray for the lost... even the people so lost, especially for the people so lost that the devil gets his claws in so tight that he uses a young man to do so much harm.

We are told in Luke 6:37 "Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. We have to want for others what we want for ourselves... even if what others do is so much more than we can imagine.  If we want prayers when we mess up...we have to pray for others who mess up.  If we want a second chance to regain our lives when the devil gets a hold of us...we need to want that for others.

I am not suggesting that we let this man go... I believe that he needs to be locked away to keep people safe...to keep him safe from himself, but I am saying that we don't need to hate!!  Jesus tells us to love others.. to pray for others that way we will be acting as true Children of God when we do.   We should hate evil, but when we hate evil we need to remember that, that hate needs to be directed at satin himself.



No comments: