I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 30, 2011

9.30.11

Philippians 2:13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

My Thoughts
Oh this is such a powerful, powerful verse!!..The more I know God the more I understand this verse!!  When we set our mind on God!!...When we spend time in God's word, when we talk to God, when we listen to God... God gets busy taking care of the rest of our life... God gives us the desire and the power to do what pleases him... We just have to start by making time for a relationship with God... We have to learn to feel our head with thoughts of God.  Any time we feel those random thoughts come to our head that is a time when we can be busy thinking on God.... in the process God give us the power to do what is right!!...Wow!!  Could it get any better than that!?

This is a verse to put in our remembrance.... so that anytime we think those thoughts like "I don't even know how to do what God wants me to do, I don't understand what it is I am suppose to do." We are suppose to love God...we are called to love God and to love each other... God gives us the desire and the power to do the rest... Jesus tells us in Matthew 22:36 to love God with all our heart, soul and mind. And to love our neighbor as ourselves. Jesus tells us that this is the law... and right her in Philippians we learn that God takes care of the rest.

I have found that the more I love God. The more I focus on God. The more I think about God and not about the world. The more I find myself doing for others. The more I find myself feeling joy, great joy! Waves of joy!!  The more I love God the better and better and better my life gets. Why, because God is giving me the desire and the power!!  I am constantly amazed!!

No comments: