I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, October 1, 2011

10.1.11

Proverbs 24:13-14 My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the honeycomb is sweet to taste.  In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul.  If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short.

My Thoughts
We know and understand how important an education is to making a living.  How important it is to be able to survive.  The more our education we have the better able we are to supply for our family and their future. We teach our children to want to go to college... we study and learn trades. People that failed to get an education as a child grow up and tell you how they wish they had done better. The know their life would have been better with an education.

We somehow fail to understand how important wisdom is to having a life! God made sure that we have a book of instruction that has withstood the test of time... a test of the ages. As much as the world has changed the wisdom of the Bible still teaches us what it takes to have a life. An abundant life.

Our government, which means we the people chose to make sure that the children of American are able to have 13 years of education. We want our children to be able to make a living. Askville by Amazon says this Bible Reading


Although most Americans own a Bible, use of the Bible varies significantly. In a poll taken by the Gallup Organization in October, 2000, 59% of Americans reported that they read the Bible at least occasionally. This is down from 73% in the 1980s. The percentage of Americans who read the Bible at least once a week is 37%. This is down slightly from 40% in 1990. 3 According to the Barna Research Group, those who read the Bible regularly spend about 52 minutes a week in the scriptures. 4 Barna, "The Bible," data is from 1997" 

On the number of Americans that have read the Bible through I could only find vague answers... almost all said 10%. We spend 13 years getting an education... yet only 10% of Americans have read the Bible from the beginning to the end.

I want to stand on the mountain tops and tell the world how reading the Bible has changed my life!! I had not done this myself until just last year... on December 31st I will have been through the Bible for the second time. The second time around has been amazing.  The first few month I was totally lost... the second month I could see a change in my prayers... in six months time my life had changed .... now 21 months after I picked up my Bible and began reading it daily I feel amazing peace and joy that surpasses anything I could have ever imagined. God's word will change you.  Just as it says here in Proverbs  "In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul. If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short." I am now 50 and my future is brighter than it has ever been. I feel amazing hope. I find joy in so many things. I use to suffer from great anxiety...I had gotten to the point of only leaving my house if I had somebody with me...now I hardly meet a stranger. Every day I find something in God's word that changes my world a little bit more for the better. Two years ago I would cry if I spoke up in a room...today I could stand in a large crowed room and get excited if I had the chance to get at least one person to start reading their Bible daily... I might still cry ...but they would be tears of great joy not tears of great fear.

If you ever wonder what is missing in your relationship with God, pick up your Bible...don't give up... keep reading...your world will be forever changed. I started my One year Bible at the age of 48... if I live to be 100, I plan to tell you that I have read the Bible through 52 times.That is how much God's word has changed my life. I know without a doubt that I will keep learning and keep learning... James 1:5 tells us If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.... our part is to seek wisdom...as always God does the rest.

No comments: