I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10.25.11

Psalms 96:11-13 Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise!  Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy! Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise  before the Lord, for he is coming! He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with justice, and the nations with his truth.

My Thoughts
I love this...I love the thought of the earth rejoicing!  Every since I read this the very first time...the part about the forest rustling with praise I never see a tree in the wind the same.  I see it singing praises to God!  I see gardens growing for God...then we are lucky enough to eat from them.  I see the ocean waves as shouts of praise... and the ocean makes such a beautiful sound!  We as people have been given the earth, a creation of God, the earth, that lives for God, to use for our pleasure... If the trees make a joyful noise, if the ocean makes a joyful noise... if gardens grow to glorify God, what as people should we be doing?  We have so much yet we get in the habit of grumbling, and complaining about what we want that we don't have... we call our wants "needs." We have roads that speed us from one place to the other and we grumble when we can't move fast enough. I think we as people must make God so sad with all our grumbling and complaining.  We must make God sad when we use our spare time wanting more, more, more, without remembering to say thank you for all that we have.  We need to take a lesson from the trees, from the ocean and praise God  in all that we do!!  Praise God in the car, praise God when we cook our dinner we don't even have to grow ourselves any more. We need to remember each time a bird sings that it is praising God and we should join in. When the wind blows and rustles the leaves we need to be so totally aware that the earth is praising God.  The wind claps together and makes a thunderous sound praising God.  Electricity in the air puts on a light show for God. If we could put this verse in our remembrance, we would be so much more likely to remember that we ourselves need to praise God. We need to praise him for our mornings...and our nights..and all the in between. We should never have mindless moments...those moments that we are not busy thinking the thoughts that have to be thought... we need to be busy, excited, praising God. It has been a long time since I have been to the ocean... now I can't wait to see it again!!  I can't wait to stand there in awe and listen as the earth sings it's praises to God.  Just the thought makes my heart excited!!

No comments: