I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 31, 2011

10.21.11

Psalms 103:8-13
8 The Lord is compassionate and merciful,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
9 He will not constantly accuse us,
nor remain angry forever.
10 He does not punish us for all our sins;
he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
11 For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
12 He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.
13 The Lord is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.

My Thoughts
I love this!! Love it!!  God does not constantly accuse us!!!  That voice reminding us all the time of the things we have done wrong that is the devil trying to trip us up, trying to stop us in our tracks.  If we are dwelling on the past we can move forward... God had removed our sins as far as the east is from the west!!  God loves us he is compassionate and merciful!!!  God does not punish us for all our sins... God sent Jesus (John 3:16) to die for our sins.... we just have to run to him, not hide.. run straight to God and say "I messed up God, please forgive me and help me do better!" God's love for us is as high as the heavens is above the earth!! We can't even see where that is...where heaven starts...we can't even comprehend that kind of love!!  But, we can trust that kind of love.  The fear of God is defined as  reverential awe, especially toward God: .... God is tender and compassionate to those who fear him...

I always think of King David...how many, many times he messed up... but God called King David a man after His own heart!!...David was always in awe of God, always.... David trusted God to forgive him, David went to God with all his feelings... David always turned to God.   David messed up, but aways loved God always trusted God... that love and trust ...David's awe of God keep him in good standing with God.

Our part is to love God with all our heart, to develop a relationship with God.  To go to God with everything...all our thoughts!  Then when our thoughts are all twisted up with emotion, and flesh... God can talk us through them... calm us down... put us back on a path that makes him happy, a path that changes our lives only for the Good.

God wants to make our lives better!!  God loves us as much as the distance of  the earth is from the heavens and wants to make our crooked paths straight (Isaiah 45:2). God wants to forgive us of our sins... and spend his time just loving us!!  God wants our lives to be the best they can be!!  I love these verses because they feel me with comfort, the comfort of knowing that God loves me so much... that God throws my sins as far as the east is from the west... that I can rebuke the devil when he tries to remind me of how much I have messed up in the past... I can tell him that God has forgiven me and that God loves me ... I can tell the devil that I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 130:14). Then I can go about my day being better and better because God is with me... showering me with his grace and love, making my crooked paths straight!! 

No comments: