I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, October 16, 2011

10.16.11

Jeremiah 29:7 And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare."

My Thoughts
No matter where God puts us he expects us to do our best.... He expects us to pray to him for the good of the place that we are in.  If we are in a bad work situation, we need to pray and work hard.  If we are in a bad relationship we need to pray for it and work hard at doing what is right.  No matter where God places we are suppose to do our best, to be our best... we are suppose to bring good to where God has put us.  We are suppose to work for peace and prosperity...   When we do this ... God can trust us with more.

If we are in a job we don't like... that is not suited for us... or the management isn't good... we are to work like we are working for God.... Colossians 3:23-24 tells us Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,  since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

God even ask the Israelites to work for their masters, while they were slaves. They were to work in  a way that would bring peace in prosperity to the city.  God told the Iseralites to pray for the city.  God knew when when the city did good they would be better off.  If we do good at  our jobs... our employers will be better off... the better off he is the better off we will be.  If we work like we are working for God.. do what God ask of us... then even if our employer doesn't make sure we prosper from doing good... God will.

When we are diligent in working hard, working without complaint... when we do our best to prosper at the place we have been put...then God sees that he can entrust us with more. We are to bloom where we are planted... we are to be peaceful and loving ...we are to work hard... and be in prayer with God all the time.  When we do our part... God takes over and does the rest. 




No comments: