I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10.11.11

Jermiah 17:7-8 "But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.  They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heart or worried by long months of droubt.  Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit."

My Thoughts
I love this.... love it... I used to not quite get it... how it applied to my spiritual life.  I could have put it into words... but feeling it...well that is a whole nother story.  The more I read God's word...the more it stick in my heart and head....it is just there.... like the water is there for the roots of a tree by the riverbank... The more I take time for God's word the more God plants it in my heart the deeper my roots are in His power. Then when times get tough... or a I face a situation where I feel lost about what to do.... I remember God's word.... Me I don't remember that it is in Mark, or Luke.... or Jeremiah...(I use the Internet for that) but I know what God's world has told me... it is there deep in me and I can call upon it and use it all the time... no matter how far from the Bible my physical body is.  It amazes me each time a scripture comes to my remembrance.... I can now wake up in the middle of the night with scripture on my mind!!  When the devil tells me I am afraid...I can tell him that God is with me... that "He who is with me is stronger than he that is in the world." .... when I do that I feel stronger...use to I listened to the devil and got more and more afraid.  When the devil tells me I can't... I tell the devil "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"... when the devil tells me that I have no right to be happy... I tell the devil "Jesus came that I could have life and have it in abundance." If the devil tries to tell me that I am no good... I say "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." When the devil reminds me of my past sins I say "Those sins are forgive by the blood of Jesus!" then when he says "God remembers them ." I say... "You may remember them but God has thrown the knowledge of my sins as far as the east is from the west, he wants me to do the same and to move forward and do better." I love what my roots have done for my life!.. I am learning the more I read God's word... the stronger and stronger I get...there seems to be less storms...but actually ... there are always storms here on earth... with God's word I weather them so much better... use to a breeze could feel like a storm in my life...now storms pass right over and I stand strong in God's word.

If I could encourage just one person to read their Bible daily...commit to it for one year...I would be so excited that I might just explode!!  My commitment was to get through my One Year Bible once...now I have almost read it the second time.... my plans now are to read it daily for the rest of my life... if my life has changed this much in that amount of time what will I be like in 20 years!  I can't wait to find out!

If every you find me in the hospital...and want to know what to do for me.... just sit beside my bed, read to me from the Bible and grow my roots!  God's word is a powerful thing.  God's word spoke the world into being...just a word from God and there was the sun, the moon and the stars.  Imagine what it can do spoken into our lives on a daily basis!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Jeannie I got me a 1 year Bible, I now start my day with Gods word in my heart and i too started picking out a verse each day and writing about what it means to me, than i come to your page and see what verse you picked. Some times we pick the same verse but i always like to read what your thoughts are it so helps me to see it more clearly. Thanks to you i am in Gods word every morning and like you growing in ways i never thought could be. Thanks you so for who you are and how much you have helped me.