I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 10, 2011

10.10.11

1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for your overflows. May he, as a result, make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy as you stand before God our Father when our Lord Jesus comes again with all his holy people. Amen.
My Thoughts
Love is what makes us blameless...this is what I get from this verse. We must love one another with our whole hearts. Each person we come in contact each day we must love. We must be love. This will make our hearts strong!!
Today's world tells us all that time to think about ME!! ME!! ME!! ... God tells us to think about others.. to love others. Over my lifetime I have seen many people that love themselves... that are worried, all the time if people love them, what people are going to do for them. They are the people that I have seen give up on love... because they were so busy worried about being loved that they were unable to love in return. When I look back at my own life.. the times I felt least loved were the times I was most worried about me being loved by others... the times I have felt most loved is when I was loving towards others.
When we make it our goal to love others... when we do what God ask of us and we love others, we fix our minds on love... God takes care of the rest. If God knows we need to love others, God also knows that we need others to love us!
A good example of this is those people that you love to see coming! You know the ones..they light up a room when they walk in... you can feel their love so much that you love to see them from across the room... they make it their mission to love others and it shows... we have all know that kind of person! Well think about it... they walk into a room...your heart feels so happy because they are there that your own face lights up!... the room didn't just brighten because the were bright...the room brightened because you were bright too. They were showing love...and in return God made sure they felt loved.

It is like God set it up for us to feel what we send out. Like an echo... you shout out to the mountains I love you...and you hear I love you back... you shout out to the mountains I love me... you hear I love me back.... God wants us to echo love, acceptance, kindness... God wants us to give .... then God takes care of the echo....

Today, each day before we speak, before we act we need to stop and think ... "Do I want want I am giving out?" Each time before we act we need so say to ourselves "Would I want somebody to act this way toward me?" ... even our body language should be what we would want in return. We need to be mindful to fix our thoughts on what is good. Philippians 4:8 tells us "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things" ... we do what we think about... we get back what we give.
If your day is going right today... or if your day is going wrong... stop and ask yourself "Is that my echo?".... we need to be constantly aware of what we shout out to the mountains.We need to actually plan our echos... to fix our mind on what our echo will be!! What will your echo be today?

No comments: