I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, October 28, 2011

10.28.11

Titus 3:1 Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good. 

My Thoughts
God judges us on what we do...not what others do... not the choices others make but, on the choices we make.  We are told here to submit to our government, to be obedient, always ready to do what is good.  We in America have to right to make a difference, we get a vote.  We need to exercise that right, to study what our candidates stand for. We need to know if they truly love God.  We need to get out and vote.  Then our part is to support our government, whether or not we disagree. Then be in prayer everyday for the choices our government makes.  Even if we have a president, or Senate or Congress that know God when we are in prayer, God takes control.  I know that things could be better in our country now, there could be more job... less spending ... etc,. etc,. Our part is not to grumble and complain, our job is to pray!  Our job is to submit to our government, be obedient and always ready to do good.  We need to be busy taking care of our neighbors that have lost jobs.  Our neighbors that are working less hours.  We need to be in prayer always in prayer for the choices our leaders are making.  I have noticed that everywhere I go people are complaining about our government and the choices they are making. I mean I don't get out much and I hear it all the time!!  People complaining... I know that we need to take a stand to change what is not good... but, complaining is not taking a stand.. the people I hear complaining about our government still just go about their days... not taking a stand but complaining, complaining, complaining. Our part is not to complain, our part is to be supportive and to pray to God to make the difference.  God is the one who is in control and has all the power. We need to activate that power over our government with prayer. I believe with all my heart that if we as a nation  were to pray every time we were even tempted to complain about our government we would see changes that were unimaginable. We would no doubt be amazed at the power of God to make a difference in our country.

The other day I was at Bible Study and heard this true story.  A woman at Bible Study told of how she knew a couple.  The husbands job had not been going good at all... every one's hours were cut back, the company was struggling bad.  They were all worried!  Then they started meeting each morning and praying for the company, praying for a turn around... in one week, just one week the company got this big contract... and everybody there was working 12 hours day!!  Not long after the husband ask his wife what she was doing, she said "praying." He replied, "please don't pray for my work!!  I don't need more hours!!"  Prayer works. When we earnestly go to God in prayer, he hears our prayers. 

Our country could turn around as fast as that mans company did.  We just need to be thankful for the country we live in, we need to do as we are instructed and submit to our government and we need to be in prayer. Complaining changes nothing but our moods, and how we treat others... Prayer, prayer changes people, lives, even governments.

No comments: