I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, October 2, 2011

10.2.11

Philippians 3:16 But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.

My Thoughts
Holding on to the progress we have made implies that it takes effort. We have to make an effort to stay where we are in our relationship with God.  If we are doing better because we are praying ... we need to keep praying! If are doing better because we are reading our Bible more we need to keep reading our Bible. Relationships take time and effort. We do not stay close to a friend if we quit doing the things we are doing.  We must hold on the the progress we have made...then we need to learn ways to make more progress to become more and more like Jesus.  When we read to be kind to one another we need to learn ways to add that into our every day life...when we read to give to one another we need to find out ways that we can give of ourselves.  For each person that is different, because we are each made different.  Some people give with money, some people give with kindness, some people give with money....some people can give so much with tid bits of wonderful information here and there.  We each have a part in advancing the kingdom of God. We do this with love.  We do this by having a relationsip with God and learning to follow where He leads us.  Just as it says in in  Philippians 2:13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.... We must hold on to the progress we have made.... learn ways to make more progress... when we do this our world changes.

No comments: