I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, October 6, 2011

10.6.11

Psalms 78:1-3 Oh my people, listen to my instructions. Open your ears to what I am saying for I will speak to you in a parable.  I will teach you hidden lessons from our past -- stories we have heard and known, stories our ancestors handed down to us.

My  Thoughts
Bible stories are so important ... there is so much to learn from them.  I love that we learn from the whole stories and from each individual verse. Our Bibles are packed with useful information. Information that will change the way we think and the way we live. We just have to get them off the book shelves and in our hands. 

 I read the Romona books to my daughter when she was about 5... then again when when she was 6...at age 7 or 8 she read them for herself. When I read then she identified with Ramonna...when she was "older" she identified with Romonna's big sister Beezus.  The Bible is like that ...as we grown we identify with different passages, different stories from the Bible. It doens't matter how old we get there is always  more to learn.  God is an amazing author!!  Our Bibles meant to be read, they were left for us, they  have stood the test of time because we were meant to learn and grow. The more I read the Bible the more I see God's amazing love. The more  the stories and verses stick in my heart.  I remember seeing my children doing things that they learned from books... as children of God we need to see ourselves doing the things we learn from the Bible.  We tell our kids all the time how important it is to study and learn, how important their homework is.  We know that they need to make time to learn if they are to have a good life.  We need to make time to learn. Just as learning changes our kids and makes them able to have a better life, learning God's word will change us and make us have a better life. We can chance one verse at a time. We can change one chapter at at time.. It doens't matter how we decide to do it....it just matters that we do decide to do it. To move foward always growing in God. God's word is our armor aginst evil...the more words we have stored in our hearts the better we are prepared for victory.

No comments: