I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, October 22, 2011

10.22.11

Psalms 91:14-16  The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”

My Thoughts
I love this...it just brings me comfort... it makes me want to be better at loving, trusting and knowing God.  God keeps his promises!!  Always!  Here he tells us he will rescue us if we love him, he will protect us if we trust him... he will answer when we call (we have to do the calling). He will be with us in trouble.. God will rescue and honor us!!!  he will reward us with a long life and salvation!  Wow what a promise.

The more I know God the more I am aware of all God does for me, for us! These verses of what God will do for us they just get me all excited and make me want to do better and better!!  They remind me that God is always there for me... I just have to call out and ask and he will answer me.  The more I know God the more I run to God when I need him. The more I run to him when I mess up.

Jesus said we are to be like little children (Matthew 18:3). The more I know God the more I truly get this!!  Think of a 2 or 3 year old child...they run to Daddy for anything and every thing... they are not afraid of their daddy... daddy will fix it and make it better. Even when they do something wrong the still run straight to daddy.  We need to feel that way about God... running to him...never ever from him.  He will tell us many times "Yes you did mess up!! Now you have to live with what you have done...but I will get  you through this and I will help teach you as you go through the consequences of your actions... because you trust in me, because you came to me when you messed up... we will make this better, better than before...we will do it together." God wants to make our lives right.. God wants to rescue and protect us... God even wants to honor us.  Our part is to love and trust in God. 

The part that takes effort is the relationship... once we know God the rest, the loving and trusting... truly loving God, truly trusting God...well that just comes easy. The more we truly know God the more we know, that we know, that we know, that God keeps all, ALL of his promises...and those promises are amazing.

I love knowing that God will rescue me, God will protect me, God will answer me... God will be with me when there is trouble... then God will honor and reward me! My part is loving him, trusting him and calling on him. The more I know God, the more time I spend with God the more automatic my part becomes. I so love God, he is such an awsome God...every day I am more amazed!





No comments: