I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 3, 2011

10.3.11

Philippians 4:8-9 Now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.  Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.  Keep putting into practice all that you learn and received from me--everything you heard from me and saw me doing.  Then the God of peace will be with you.

My Thoughts
Peace! Oh, what a blessed thing to have in our lives. We often hear people say, "I just want a peaceful day!" The devil tries all the time to steal our peace. But right here in God's word it tells us just how to have peace... it says to fix our thoughts!!  Then it tells us exactly what to fix our thought on. We are to fix our thoughts on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable...things that are worthy of praise. Fix our thoughts.  Our thoughts are where the devil likes to get us!  He likes when we think bad of ourselves, he likes when we think bad of others...he likes us to believe gossip. He will do anything to get our thoughts on evil...he will do anything to make us feel bad about ourselves and about other people. What we have to realize is this, we have the power, God gave it to us, to fix our thoughts on good things. The devil can put thought in our head, WE can refuse to fix our thought on what he puts there. Instead we can fix our thoughts on the true, honorable, right, the pure, lovable and admirable...things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

That is one reason we need to arm ourselves with the Word of God... when the devil tells us we are no good we can say "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalm 139:14) When the devil tells us we can't  we can say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) When the devil tells us we want to do something we know is wrong we can say "God gives me the desire to do what is right." (Philippians 2:13) When the devil tells that somebody is our enemy we can do what the Bible says in Matthew 5:44, we can love them, do good to them, pray for them.

When we give into what the devil tells us, when we fix our thought on his thoughts,  our heart and soul in in constant turmoil, we worry about what we have said or done. We worry that somebody is going to hear what we have said or find out what we have done. We just loose our peace, we have let the devil take it. When we fix our thought on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable, things worthy of praise several things happen. One we choose to do good, we choose to say what is good. We make better choices, choices that we don't steal our peace later. When we think on what is good, we see the good in ourselves, we see our possibilities. When we think on what is good we see the good in others. When we fix our mind on what is good our possibilities are endless. Worry doesn't get in our way and rob us of our peace.

The scripture is full of passages that tell uswhat we can do, how wonderful we are, how good God is... the scripture gives us the steps to take to be good to others. When we fix our thoughts on God, God fixes our everything else. When we fix our thoughts on God, on all that is good our reward is a peace that only comes from God... a peace more precious than gold or silver. We just have to fix our thoughts.

No comments: