I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, October 24, 2011

10.24.11

2 Timothy 3 16-17 All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.  It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

My Thoughts
The more I read God's word and mediate on it, the more I truly know how true this passage of scripture is!  The more I study God's word the simpler my life gets.  You would think with all those pages and all those scripture that it would get harder... be almost impossible to do.... but for me it has simplified my life in amazing ways.  All for the good. My life just gets better every day.  The joy in my life is more every day. I am amazed each time as I put what I am learning into practice how much my life improves. Making a choice is so much easier now because God's word is becoming so much a  part of my heart that often something that use to would have been a decision between many choices is now narrowed down quickly. What I ask myself what would God want me to do instead of what should I do... the answer is so often just there. No choices to make at all. Instead of wondering over what would be the right thing to do...I know what is right, because I now know what God has told me is right.  Do I always make the right choice? No... but do I make more right choices? Absolutely!!  I find when I choose to do what God would have me do I never worry later...I don't loose sleep, I feel content and comfortable.  Instead of asking myself "Would this make ____________ happy?" I can ask myself "Would this make God happy?" ... people don't have a book of instruction to help us out... our answer, no matter how hard we try to please people can always be wrong.  But when we ask "Would this make God happy?" we have a book to go to, the Bible, that tells us what God does want from us.  Have I though I was hearing from God when I wasn't" Sure I have!!...But, the more I read and learn the better I get at knowing what God would want, or at hearing what God is telling me. The more I recognize God's words when they are spoken in my heart.  God is preparing and equipping me to do good work.  Good work is never wrong!!  God's word can only teach me if I pick it up and read it, learn it, make it a part of me.  I have to do my part, and as always God does the rest. I have heard  God's grace  defined as God's ability working in us to help us do what we could not do otherwise.  I am learning that God's grace is powerful, amazing, and produces only good things...even on the worst of day.

No comments: