I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, September 29, 2011

9.29.11

Proverbs 24:10 If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small.

My Thoughts
I have gone through life failing under pressure..... I would have always told you "I don't do stress!" .... Many of my friends, all of my family have heard me say those very words, "I don't do stress!" My strength is too small... when I depend on my strength... I am learning to believe what the Bible tells me about strength...and my world is changing!!..I am growing!  Here are some of the things I have learned...they are no longer things I have heard...they are things I am finally learning so that I can call on them and be strong.

Grace is God's power working within me to help me accomplish those things I could not possibly do on my own!

2 Corinthians 12:9 says Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”  From this I am beginning to understand that when I give it to God, his grace takes over.  But, I have to give it to God.   When I realize that I am not strong enough on my own, and I trust in God... then God's power does work best in my weakness.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! 
From this verse I am learning the importance of the word ALL... this verse says Christ will strengthen me in ALL things.  Now when I face something hard I know to replace the word all with what ever it is I face.... my hardships, big and small... are covered under the word ALL.  If I wake up in pain from Lupus and have something that I must do...I don't feel sorry for me....I say to myself  I can get this done through the pain with Jesus who gives me strength.  I say that enough then I find myself doing what I need to do... and realize often that I have not even noticed that I am not in pain any more.  If I don't let Jesus give me his strength on those days...I lay in bed and hurt all day...thinking only about the pain and it never goes away.  I have to give it to God...My part is giving it to God and moving forward... God does the rest.

Isiah 40:29 says,  He gives power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might.

Psalms 138:3 In the day that I called, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul.


John 5:7 If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will ask whatever you desire, and it will be done for you.


The list goes on and on ... the list of how God will take care of me and make me strong!!  God's word tells me this... Proverbs 24:10 says If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small. I use to would have read this and thought DUH!!  Now I read this and I know.. when I fail under pressure...my faith that God would take care of me was not stroung...I know if I find myself failing that MY strength is never enough, and that I get my strength from enough faith in God that I give God my task at hand. 

I love how the Amplified Bible says it in 2 Corinthians 12:9 it says, But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [a]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [b]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

Now when I find myself saying "I can't do this stress!" I remind myself that God can.... I give it to God...and yes sometime in the middle of great stress it takes me a while to remember to give it to God...but, eventually I do...and the more I read about God and all his grace...the better I get at turning my ALL over to him.  Now when I find myself thinking I can't do this.... I find myself knowing that God can. Oh man, that feels good!

No comments: