I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 4, 2011

9.4.11

Ecclesiastes 8:1 How wonderful to be wise, to analyze and interpret things. Wisdom lights up a person's face, softening its harshness.

My Thoughts
I love this verse!!... I know I say that all the time... but, God's word is so full of wonderful tidbits of information that can just change us!! 

This verse reminds me of my grandmother, my maw-maw.  She loved God, she studied God's word all the time!!.. My Grandmother didn't graduate high school...I am not even sure of the grade she finished. But, that didn't matter, she was always studying upon what God wanted.  She was always asking questions of the pastors that came in and out or her life.  She knew all the Bible stories and told many of them to me as a child.  She lived a hard life, picking cotton up into her 40's I think. She worked at plants, she was the mother of 8 living children. You could look at her face and her hands and tell that she had lived a hard life. But she was always pretty to me. She had this softness about her, when she talked her eyes smiled. I could listen to her for hours on end. The wisdom she handed out, lovingly in the stories she would tell were priceless.  When she hugged me I felt loved to the bone. There was just something about my maw-maw, and I believe it was the wisdom she had in her heart, wisdom she got from loving and seeking after God.

We have all know people like that in our lives.  Those people that glow, those people that you want to be around because they are so gentle in spirit that their mere presence makes you feel loved. If wisdom can make me like my maw-maw then it is something well worth seeking after.

No comments: