I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, September 15, 2011

9.15.11

Galatians 2:15-16 You and I are Jews by birth, not sinners' like the Gentiles.  Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law.

My Thoughts
I love this... this means that a person that is perfectly good and a person that is really bad both need Jesus... and it means that no matter how much we have messed up that we can be made right by Jesus. There is no sin too big... or no sins too many that Jesus didn't wash them all  away on the cross. All we have to do is ask Jesus into our heart, believe he is the son of God and confess our sins. Then we are as good as new! Then when the devil tires to make us feel all guilty, and unworthy we can just confess out loud for the Devil himself to hear "I am in right standing with God, I have been forgiven and I a whole in God's sight!"

I was busy folding laundry one morning, not long after my mother died.  I was thinking there was so much different I could have done, should have done. The devil was dealing me a guilt trip and I was taking it all in.  Then I started praying and God said to my soul "When you waste time worrying about the person you didn't know how to be, you can't become the person you are meant to be." It was at that moment that I truly understood that the devil stops us in our tracks with guilt. God throws our sins as far as the east is from the west never to be remembered. Maya Angelou said it best when she said "When we know better, we do better."  God knows that when we know better we do better. That is why he tells us to mediate on his word day and night, he wants us to know better so we can do better. God knows that we are always learning and growing and he smiles when we get it... and forgives us for when we didn't. God wants us to live in the moment doing our very best right now...the devil wants us to feel guilty about the past and worry about the future so much so that it limits our abilities.

Think about it...  we can be good right now in this minute. We can make the choice to do today right.  But if we look out at all the days stretched out before us that seems impossible. The devil tells us it is impossible. God tells us in Philippians 4:13 that all things are possible through Christ. God tells us in Matthew 6:34 that today is enough to worry about, not to think about tomorrow until it gets here.

Today we are in right standing with God through Jesus, today we are forgiven just by asking. The yesterdays are gone and all the tomorrows will be a "today" to get through when they get here. Today is good and when the devil dangles guilt and worry in front of you just tell him "Today I am in right standing with God."

No comments: