I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 23, 2011

9.23.11

Ephesians 2:1 For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

My Thoughts
Isiah 42:1 "Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will bring justice to the nations.  I love this...God was telling his people that he was sending Jesus, this chapter goes oh to tell us how Jesus will be kind...how Jesus will not lose heart...how distant lands beyond the sea will wait for his instruction.... it tells us that Jesus will demonstrate Gods righteousness...and how God will take the hand of Jesus and guard him....God gave us the promise of Jesus long before Jesus arrived here to save us... Jesus was in God's plans from the beginning. God knew how much he was going to love us before he even made us. 

Jesus left this world so that he could send us the Holy Spirit to guide us...In John 14 it says:

 15 “If you love me, obey my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. 18 No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. 19 Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live. 20 When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

God gave us a way to have a better life, Jesus left the earth so he could send the Holy Spirit to live in each of us. The Holy Spirit lives in us to guide our steps to help us be more like Jesus. The more we learn about Jesus the more we know how to be like him... the more we learn about Jesus the more we know the difference between the Holy Spirit leading us to be like Jesus or the devil tricking us into doing wrong. 

We are God's masterpiece... we all have, each and every one of us the ability for greatness!  Not what the world calls great, but what God calls great. Jesus walked always in the greatness that God created... Jesus always walked in love. The Bible tells us that God planned for us long ago so we could do good things. So  that we could love God with abandon and love one another. The more we learn to walk in God, to listen to the Holy Spirit, to be like Jesus, the more we have of God's promises.... When we listen to the Holy Spirit inside of us and do what he guides us to do that is when we get to experience the fruits of the spirit that God planed  for us .... those fruits are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, and self-control.(Galatians 5:22-23).  There is no way not to have a wonderful life if we are filled with these fruits. Our part is to take the time to really, really know God. When we do that the rest will come.

No comments: