I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 2, 2011

9.2.11

Psalms 45:10a "Be still and know that I am God!"

My Thoughts
I wonder how many times we think God is not there and we just didn't stop long enough to see if God was there?  I know that I go about my day being busy, busy.  I spend time with God in the morning, reading my Bible, praying.  Sometimes I have places to be and I even do that in a hurry.  I send up quick prayers all through the day, sometimes more than others. But, how often am I really still, waiting, and listening, and paying close attention to what God is trying to say to me? I so needed this verse today, to be reminded not to hurry about so much. To know that when I ask God a question that I need to stop and listen for God's answer. I so often fell the Holy Spirit prompting me, but how often do I feel the prompt and decided for myself what the answer is?

God in all his wisdom, in all his glory cares about each and every one of us, we are more important than the birds and they always have food to eat (Matthew 6:26). God knows the numbers of the hairs on our head (Matthew 10:30). On my head that is a task in itself, it changes every second!!  God cares about the desires of our heart (Psalms 37:4). God sent his only son to die for our sins (John 3:16). God loves us this much! When somebody that loves us this much speaks to our heart we should always be still and listen. We will never enjoy the full extent of God's love or of God's plan for our lives if we don't take the time to stop and hear what God has to say that is especially meant just for us and us alone. We need to stop and be still so that we can be aware of all that God has planed for us. Sometimes we need to stop and be still just to know how much we are loved.  I sure don't want to miss our on a moment when God is simply saying "Jeannie, I love you so much."

No comments: