I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, September 19, 2011

9.19.11

Isaiah 30:18 So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show  you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blesses are those who wait for his help.

My Thoughts
When ever we feel we are missing out on something with God... when ever there is a part of our life where we feel God isn't present. We need to stop and ask ourselves, "Have I invited God into this part of my life?"  So many time we invite God into our Sundays and forgot to invite him into our Monday - Friday's. 

I have learned to invite God into my life daily.  I get up and read my Bible... I pray for some many things.  But I keep finding areas of my life where I have not given God access. For instance my daughter and I see the world so different, we come at thing really differently.  When either of us are stressed things can get tense between us because we are so different.  We always love each other...and we always know we love each other, but there can be stressful times.  I had ask God for many things for Madison, I have prayed for her marriage, her future, her job, her friendships.  Then one day I realized I had not invited God into the relationship that she and I have.  Now everyday in my prayers I ask God that Madison see my words and questions and actions as only loving. You would not believe how much our times together have changed...even when we are both stressed! Lately we have been more accepting of our differences and we find ourselves actually laughing at what the other person has done. We seem to be viewing our differences in a whole different light. God did that! He just had to be invited in.

I need to place this verse in my remembrance so that when I find things going wrong in an area of my life, I will remember to stop and ask myself, "Have I invited God here?"

It is kind of like this... there are some people that come to our house and we keep them on the front pourch.  There are some people that come that get to stay in the Living Room.... there are some people that come and they can follow you around the house as you handle little things... then there are some people that come that can even see your closets and in your frig.  So often we keep God in the safe areas of our life... in the places where we know he will aprove of.... God needs to be invited into our closets, our basements, our attics into all the boxes hidden in all those places.... God is such a gentleman that he waits go be invited. We need to invite God in... into every room, every closet, every cabinet, every box we need God in every place in our lives. We need to be aware of where God has not been invited so he can change our whole life, every little corner!

No comments: