I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 24, 2011

9.24.11

Ephesians 3:17-18 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.  Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.

My Thoughts
I love this visual!... we start out as a little tree... and as we tend to and nourish our relationship with Jesus, as we learn and know more about Jesus the more we trust Jesus  the deeper our roots grow down into Gods love... Like mighty oaks the deeper our roots grow the more we can withstand, the more we can go through without having our faith shaken! Our goal should be to learn all we can about Jesus and his great love for us that our trust in him is so strong that our tiny trees with their shallow roots grow as strong as the giant trees in the Redwood Forrest of California.  Some of those trees are said to be maybe 3000 years old... imagine how deep their roots run.  Our aim should be that our roots grow so deep into God's love that we will never be shaken no matter what storms come our way. About.com tells us that "the trees in the Redwood Forrest are the  most massive living things, they can reach 280 feet tall and 23 feet across. The largest rise a little over 300 feet and spread almost 30 feet across. The oldest have been around over 3,000 years." Imagine how deep those roots must be. The sight of these trees would take our breath away.  We should make it our mission to know how wide, how long, how high and how deep God's love is for us...we should study, and learn and grow in God so much that the love he has for us shows enough to take people's breaths away.





No comments: