I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 10, 2011

9.10.11

Psalms 54:7 For you have rescued me from my troubles, and helped me triumph over my enemies.

My Thoughts
Nothing is too big for God! Because we live on this earth we will have our share of troubles, we will be in the path of people who listen to what the devil says. But there is nothing we can't get through with God. God will always rescue us, God is stronger than any enemy we face! I can look back over my life and see that God rescued me so many times. Now that I have a closer walk with him, now that I make an effort to understand how to have a relationship with God. Now that I know how to talk to God and how to hear God's plan for me. I find that God always rescues me in one way or another from my troubles. God always comes to help me when I call, now I know how to call on him much sooner. Now when I am doing life right I call on God before I even have troubles. God is always there, to get me through or pull me out of any troubles the devil puts in my path.  What the devil uses for our destruction, God turns into his glory.  I read a quote recently, and I don't remember the exact words or who said it...but it said that we should not pray for the storm to go away but pray that we will not be afraid. When we know God, actually take time to spend time with God we can know he will take care of us during the storm. Our prayers can be "God, help me to not be afraid, because I know that you are right beside me. I know that you are bigger than any storm I face."  I get closer to that point all the time.  I still have my places where I am not so sure. But the more time I spend getting to really know God, and the more I learn just how much he loves me, and just how powerful he is. The more I know that all I have to do is call out to God, because God is always there for me.

No comments: