I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 20, 2011

9.20.11

Galatians 5:22-23 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. There is no law against these things.

My Thoughts
All we have to do to see if God is changing us, really changing us is to look at this list of amazing qualities.... if our life has more of these than it use to we are listening and acting on what the Holy Spirit is telling us.  If we don't see more of these things in our lives it is time to ask our self "What can I change in my life that will give me a closer walk with God?"

Don't forget that God waits to be invited into our lives.... If we want God to be a part of our days we have to ask him.... every day we need to ask.  When we ask God to be a part of our life we are aware of the things God does.  The more we talk to God the more the Holy Spirit talks to us... the more involved the Holy Spirit is in our life the more we will see the fruit of the spirit manifest itself in all that we do. When we spend time with God, when we take time to hear the Holy Spirit our lives are filled with more love, more joy, more peace, more patience, more kindness, more goodness, more faithfulness, more gentleness and more self-control!!.. We can all use more of these.... we never run out of the need for the fruit of the Spirit!!

No comments: