I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 18, 2011

9.18.11

Isaiah 28:26 The farmer knows just what to do, for God has given him understanding.

My Thoughts
I love this!!  How many times have you know just how to do something?  I can loom knit, and crochet without a pattern I "just get it." I am not good at patterns...and there is lots that I haven't gotten yet... but so many, many things I can do with yarn just by looking at something.  I just know how. 

The thing is I don't just know how... God gave me the knowledge... God put it there in my head!  Even if I did read patterns... understanding those patterns is a gift. For me reading a pattern is like reading a foreign language... for some people reading a pattern comes easy and they are able to create beautiful, beautiful things, because reading and understanding the pattern is a gift to them from God. 

God gives us all different gifts...and each and every gift he gives to each and every person is important.  The world loves to give our gifts levels of importance. But to God  each a gift that he gives has an  important place in the world, each gift matters.  Our gift may be important because it saves a life, our gift may be important because it inspires a nation.  Then again our gift may be important to the cashier at Wal-Mart or the grocery store because it is a kind word that gives hope. Our gifts may be important to our neighbor. Our gifts may change a nation, or our gifts may change one person. Each and every person is important to God...and how we use the very gift God entrusted us with is important to God. God gives us our understanding for a reason.  We may think our gift is only a tiny pebble in the pond but, we may never know how far the ripples from our pebbles reach.  We should never under estimate the power of even the simplest gift. We should be aware that when we have an understanding of how to do something that others don't have God meant for that understanding to be used for his glory.

A farmer feeds a community, a doctor heals the sick,  an inventor forever changes how something is done, a singer inspires, a loom knitter touches one heart at a time...and each and every one of those things are important to God, and to the people around us.  How can you use the understanding, the gift, that God put in your heart.... to make a difference?

No comments: