I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 7, 2011

8.7.11

Psalms 51:4 Against you (God), and you alone, have I sinned; I have down what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgement against me is just.

My Thoughts
These words just stood out when I read them "Against you, and you alone, have I sinned." We all  go about doing wrong... I think most of us try to do right...and then I think most of us have those "Oh, what the heck!" I am doing it anyway moments.  Then we all have those moments when somebody has wronged us and we in some way give it back...whether it is as simple as not speaking to them, or ignoring their "Good Morning" or something much bigger. In some way or another we we have all been hurt by another person and not reacted like Jesus would...we have all sinned knowingly. What we need to know, to be fully aware of is this: When we do something against others, we are doing something against God. When we sin and think it doesn't effect anybody else, it effects God. Would we knowingly sin against God if we could see him, actually see God standing by us, or by the person we are not so nice to? Would we tell a "white lie" if God were standing next to us, or would we tell one directly to God. The list could go on and on but you get the point.  If we could see God standing in the place of the person we have decided to not be so nice to, would we still react the same way? I don't think so. Yet when we choose to sin we choose to do something that is hurtful to God. I have heard it said that we never know when we are entertaining angles. We should treat each person like they may be one of God's angels. We should treat every action like God is standing right beside us. We should be constantly aware that all sin, any sin is a sin directly against God and live accordingly.

I just had a picture in my head, what if everything we did something to another person our husbands, or children, or mothers or fathers felt the result of that action.  So if we were ugly to the person that checked us out at Wal-Mart the people we loved most in the world felt the sting of those words. What it when we shouted at the car in front of us our loved ones felt the sting of being shouted at. What if when we hurt a co-workers feelings, the feelings or our loved ones were being hurt? I thing we would do our best not to hurt anybody for any reason, don't you? We hurt God anytime we do something to hurt somebody else, we even hurt God when we do something wrong that nobody will ever know about. We do wrong we are always being hurtful.  This picture makes any sin I do much clearer in my head. Does it change the way you see your actions?

No comments: