I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11.11

Psalms 55:22 Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

My Thoughts
This one was hard for me... it still can be. Oh I can give those big things. like somebody that I love being sick. But it took me a while to know that I could give my grievances with other people to God. It took me a while to learn that anything I would run to my best friend with I should run to God with. When we run to our friends with those little problems they council us on their feelings. or on how they perceive us to feel about something or somebody. When we run to God with these things, and talk to God like we would our best friend, God will council us with exactly the right thing to do or say! God knows when the devil has twisted our thoughts. God knows the whole situation, not just our slanted side. God know every detail of every situation. What better place to get council from!!  God will not permit the godly to slip and fall.  When we seek God we get Godly council to act in a Godly way. God's answers will bring us true peace. God will give us grace and strength when we do what God tells us to do. When we go to God with our problems there is no one else involved to make things grow bigger than they really are. There is no one else involved to get in the middle of a place they don't belong.  There is only you and God and the other person. And God always, always gives us good council.

David went to God all the time with his problems. So many times David started out his conversation with his anger and frustration at others. By the time David finished talking to God he always knew that God will take care of him. David would get rid of his anger and frustration by giving it to God.  By taking his anger to God instead of to people David was able to remove anything that would get between him and God. In the end of Davids conversations with God, he was always, always able to send praises back up to God. I believe David always ended up with praises to God because when David went to God he always ended up with peace in his heart and strength to move foward.

We should take every part of our lives to God, we should never think they are too unimportant for God to care. After all God knows the number of hairs on our heads and he cares about the desires of our heart. He wants to do everything for us, He just waits to be invited.

No comments: