I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, September 8, 2011

9.8.11

Psalms 139:17 How precious are your thoughts about me, Oh God. They cannot be numbered!!

My Thoughts
OH OH OH I love this... God thinks so many thoughts about us they can't even be counted... like the stars in the sky!  And they are precious thoughts!!!  We need to learn to think of ourselves as precious God does.  God things millions of precious thoughts about us, each and every one of us!!  I have tears of joy in my eyes just thinking about this.  The devil loves to tell us "we can't," he loves to tell us all we are not good at, how bad we are, what we did wrong. But God goes about thinking about how good we are, what we are good at, how we were sweet and kind. God is thinking precious thoughts about us all the time.  So when we have a thought about ourselves that is good we need to know that it is from God!! If I think I was sweet to _______ and that was a good thing. That thought came from God. If I think oh I look pretty today, that thought came from God. If I think I am getting really good at knitting, that thought came from God.  We so easily believe it when the devil tells us something like "nobody here likes you." We need to start believing the thoughts like "Lisa loves me lots." God is always, always having precious thoughts about us!! Always! 

When ever you begin to get down, believing the thoughts the devil tries to tell you, all you have to do is walk outside look up in the sky at all the stars and know that God has that many precious thought about you!!  Every star in the sky could represent a good, sweet, kind thought that God has about you!! Knowing this just feels my heart with hope, and joy!! How special we must be to God!!

No comments: