I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 3, 2011

9.3.11

2 Corinthians 7:6 But God, who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us by the arrival of Titus.

My Thoughts
God, who encourages those who are discouraged!!  I love that!! God puts people in our paths to encourage us, God puts Bible verses in our remembrances to encourage us. God loves his children and cares if they feel discouraged! 

We need God on our side!  God knows what we need all the time. God always cares! God always loves!  God always forgives! God even makes sure that we are encouraged!! 

I am always amazed when God steps in on my bad days!!... I had so many where I didn't know how to call out to God, I would just end up going down a spiral of depression.  Bad things happening use to put me to bed for days on end, I have been know to cry in my sleep from being overwhelmed. The devil had me right where he wanted me, he could get me in such a state that all he had to do was say "Boo!" and I could loose all my ability to be productive. I could feel the energy drain from by body in an instance.

Now that I have learned to put my hope and trust in God that does not happen to me anymore.  The devil might get started, I may have that first moment of panic....I may even get lost in it for an hour or so. But, then I remember to call out to God!! I send up my prayers and God sends down his Word, God places somebody in my path, my phone rings, I get an email. Something happens to me now and I am able to say God here it is, I am giving this problem to you!  I know you can handle it! When I do that I have renewed energy!!  I have hope and hope is a powerful thing.  I have learned to tell the devil "He who is in me is greater than you!!"  I know from what God does for my life on a daily basis that he is the God of encouragement!

Just recently in the last few months since my mom died, we have had a lot of unexpected expense, her house has had to have 2 new heating and air systems just to be able to put her house on the market to sell. College tuition came up (not unexpected but still a big expense). John-Robert's car needed hundreds of dollars worth of repairs. We had to call a plumber.. lots of stuff.  I can tell you that money things for some reason can knock me way out of my comfort zone.  But I have been able to say "God, this is yours, I know you will take care of us!" When I do I have I have felt completely calm. Robby sat down the other day to figure out where all this was going to come from... and it was there, what we needed was there!... we don't even have to touch our emergency fund. God took care of us!!  I gave it to God, I felt my peace, I was able to enJOY my days and God took care of us. God said don't give up, I have you in my hands. If you start to fall I will put you back on your feet. Don't be discouraged, I know the desires of your heart! God keeps his promises!

What can you give to God today??  Nobody cares more about what you need than God does!!

No comments: