I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 25, 2011

9.25.11

Isaiah 46:3-4 3 “Listen to me, descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you."

My Thoughts
We are descendants of Jesus who was a descendant of Jacob... all of God's promises are for us, all of them!  I love knowing that God carried us before we were born.... it makes me think of a mother's love.  She knows her child before it gets here, she has carried it even before it was born.  A mother loves her child before others even know that she is pregnant. She cares for her child the moment she knows that she has a child inside of her.

God says the he held us before we were born, that he has cared for us since we were born... from the moment he puts us on this earth he goes about caring for us. We all have seen this when our children when they were small...moments when they should have been hurt from a fall we could not protect them from... but  the were left unscratched... we knew in that moment that Angles had protected our child. God never stops loving us or caring about us...right here He tells us the he will be our God through our lifetime... He made us and he will always care for us and save us. 

As parents we can do such a good job of protecting our children when they depend on us... when they come to us with their problems, when they still let us help. We can protect them when they still want us to help.  But, somewhere along the way the stop wanting us to help.  As children growing into adults that can be a good thing but so often children quit wanting us to help long before they quit needing our help. Our children need to know how to live without us because one day they will have to live life without us.   As Children of God we never have to be without God.  So often we become like teenagers and we separate ourselves from God, we think we can do things on our own... we hold God at bay until we need him desperately. We always need God! We never outgrow needing God. God tells us here that He made us and he will care for us and carry us along and save us.  We need to always be like toddlers constantly reaching up taking the hand of the one who can protect us and carry us. We need to keep God there with us.  When we feel like God is not with us it is because we have push him back, it is because we have said by our actions that we want to do it on our own. God says the he loves us to the end...that he is always here, that he will always carry us and save us.  What we have to learn to do is never say to God ... Daddy put me down I want to do this on my own. ... we need to constantly be reaching out to God saying Daddy help me I can't do any of this without you.  What amazing thing we can accomplish with our Fathers help.

We need to learn to love that God wants to carry us even when we are grey!




No comments: