I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, September 1, 2011

9.1.11

Job 42:10 When Job prayed for his friends the Lord restored his fortunes. In fact, the Lord gave him twice as much as before!

My Thoughts
I love this!!  When Job did something for somebody else God blessed Job. God blesses us when we bless others, how special is that!  If God will do for us when we pray for our friends, just think what God will do for us when we pray for our enemies. In Matthew 5:44 we are instructed to love our enemies and to pray for them. That can sometimes seem so hard to do. If God took notice of Job praying for his friends, you know that God will notice when we pray for and love our enemies. 

I have learned when somebody hurts my feelings, or cuts in front of me in traffic.  If I feel like somebody doesn't like me and when people are rude to me when I am shopping..... I send up a little prayer for that person.  Sometimes I forget, but I try my best to use that as a time to pray instead of a time to fuss.  My immediate reward comes when frustration leaves my body and my head and heart are clear to enjoy my days journey.  I can't even imagine what else God may have in store for me!!

When I think of it, on the days I let the devil get a hold of me and use me to hurt somebody else, I sure would love it if they would stop and send up a prayer for me. 

We should be in constant prayer for others, God ask Job to pray for his friends, we are instructed in Matthew to pray for our enemies. Every face we come in contact with each day is an opportunity to do what God ask of us. A prayer only takes a second and prayer has the power to change the world.  We have the opportunity to be a part of that change one face, on prayer at a time!! 

No comments: