I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 7, 2011

7.7.11

Proverbs 18:19 An offended friend is harder to win back than a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with bars.

My Thoughts
I wounder how often we offend someone when our thought before we opened our mouth was "I don't need to say this but....."  No matter what the but is...unless it is "But, this will save my friends life or soul"... you might as well be saying "I don't need to say this but, my need to open my mouth is  more important than my friendship with this person." So often we offend people by our need to express our opinion and be heard...sometimes over  unimportant matters...we just what to be heard.  Our need to be heard should never override making a person feel loved. All to often our words make people feel unloved when our silence would pass over any hurt feeling.  We should never underestimate the power of saying nothing at all. So many times the most powerful feeling of love comes in the silence. Comes in a nod of understanding... comes in a hug.... it seldom comes in a "but," ... you heart is usually saying I don't need to say that...and the devil adds the "but" in your thoughts.  Are you going to listen to your heart?  The heart will chose love every time.

No comments: