I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 26, 2011

7.26.11

Romans 9:23 God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said, "I am placing a stone in Jerusalem that makes people stumble, a rock that makes them fall. But anyone who trust in him (Jesus) will never be disgraced."

My Thoughts
This verse use to would have tripped me up... and the devil would have loved that!... I would have thought that it was unfair for God to place a stumbling block in our way.  But so often we feel like we have faith in God and then something big happens and we forget to turn to God.  We need those stumbling blocks to make us aware that we are not trusting in Jesus so that we can fix our untrust and do better.... God puts the stumbling block in our way for our own good... trusting Jesus is so important for our future.... for our forever that we are better off to stumble now. When God makes us aware that we don't have our trust in Jesus we can fix it.... but if life is going along so perfect that we are not aware we would be so surprised to find out that we had not trusted Jesus at all.  God does not test us to see if we are good or bad... God already knows what we will do.... God test us to make us aware of where we need improvement. 

We all understand as adults that test for children are to let them see what they know... a good teacher hands those test back so the child can learn what they didn't know.   A good student uses that test as a learning tool and finds the right answers so they will know the answers in the future.  The test is to help us learn and improve... to help us be aware of what we have not learned.

Gods test are to help us know where we need to grow... what areas we don't have trust in.  God test us because he wants us to have an A + 100 ... God wants us to learn all that we can so that our life here on earth can be good but most importantly so that we can live with Him in Heaven and experience all that He has to give us!.

No comments: