I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 25, 2011

7.25.11

2 Chronicles 16:11-13 In the thirty-ninth  year of his reign, Asa developed a serious foot disease.  Yet even with the severity of his disease, he did not seek the Lord's help but turned only to his physicians. So he died in the forty-first year of his reign.

My Thoughts
This made me think of how many times we depend on man and leave God out of the equation. We do it with little things and big things... King Asa did it with a disease that would end up killing him!... This verse says because Asa didn't seek God along with his physicians he died. I have often gone to the doctor without prayer ... I should always pray first.  In November of this past year I was praying and the Holy Spirit inside of me told me to call the doctor...I did.... then I even got an appointment that same day even though I said I didn't have to come in any time soon....and after telling the doctor just two of my symptoms, a constant tummy ache, and being really hot all the time, the doctor said I believe it is your gal bladder...that quickly!... He sent me to have test and the very next week I had surgery.  God's hand was in that!  I have no doubt. How sick would I have gotten had I not been seeking after God?  This happened to me...and I know without a doubt it was God... yet I often forget to pray when I know I am sick.  This verse reminds me to seek God in everything! When I head to the doctor I need to make sure that I have invited God to be there with me! When I head anywhere I need to invite God to be there with me!

No comments: