I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, July 10, 2011

7.10.11

Psalms 8:6 You gave man charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority.

My Thoughts
Charge means having the care or supervision of.... God trusted us enough to put us in charge of the earth and everything in it. If we are the manager of a store or business when the owner comes back he expects to find everything in good order... well taken care of.  Hopefully better off, but not worse off than it was when he left. When a doctor leaves a nurse in charge of a patient he expect that patient to be well taken care of. When we are in charge of something it is not to be better than it is to be more responsible than.... We are greater for a purpose. We are greater than so we can take care of. Luke 12:48 tells us: When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required. God expects us to take care! To take care of each other...of the animals ... of our jobs... of the plants....  of the water .... the air.... the earth and everything in it.  God made us to be responsible, we need to take that responsibility seriously. When we give a child a car we expect them to take care of it.... when somebody gives us a job the expect us to take care of that job. God gave us the earth..and everything in it....we are expected to take care of it.

When we take care of our jobs, our jobs take care of us.... when we take care of our children one day they take care of us.... when we take care of our cars our cars take care of us getting us where we need to be.... God set it up that way...when we take care of the earth the earth will take care of us... When we take care of others...they will in return take care of us when we need them. What can we each do today to take care of what God has given us?

No comments: