I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 5, 2011

6.5.11

Proverbs 18:14 A man's spirit can endure sickness, but who can survive a broken spirit? (NlT) The Good New Translation says this verse this way, "Your will to live can sustain you when you are sick, but if you lose it, your last hope is gone."

My Thoughts
This made me think of how God sends the Holy Spirit to live inside of us when we are saved. Our spirit is so important to our well being, to our ability to withstand that God puts a spirit, the Holy Spirit inside of us so that we can be strong enough to endure all that satin brings against us! A spirit to help our spirit! We hear the Holy Spirit all the time!! We talk about when the Holy Spirit prompts us to do good...we talk about when the Holy Spirit warns us that we are about to do something wrong.  There is another thing we can feel the Holy Spirit doing. The Holy Spirit is always telling us we can!!  Even when the devil is telling us we can't.  Have you ever felt like you were arguing with yourself about what you were afraid to try about what you can and can't get through? Sure you have..we all have... The devil is telling you one things...trying to break your spirit....The Holy Spirit is telling you that you can!! Building you up.  If you stop to notice...to really listen and feel that argument going on inside you this is what it feels like... The can't are all in your head... the can's are in your gut...from your middle, the core of your body... you can feel the can's deep inside of you!! When you believe the can's you can feel your spirit grow... you can feel the strength inside you grown!! And it grows from your spirit! We can even feed our spirit..with God's word, with prayer...by surrounding ourselves with Godly people.  Since our spirit is so important to our ability...so important that God sends us the Holy Spirit... we should never neglect it. A strong spirit can get us through anything when it is filled with the hope of God!

No comments: