I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 28, 2011

7.28.11

Romans 11:13-14 I (Paul) am saying all this especially for you Gentiles.  God has appointed me the apostle to the Gentiles. I stress this, for I want somehow to make the people of Israel jealous of what you Gentiles have, so I might save some of them.

My Thoughts
As Christians, as children of the Most High God we are so very blessed!  All that we have comes from God...we have so many reasons to feel joy and happiness...so many reasons to be thankful!  Yet we go about grumbling and complaining about so much.  How can we ever expect people to want God in their lives by what they see in us if all we do is complain? These verses are telling us that Paul wanted to make the Israelites that didn't believe in Jesus jealous of what Christians had so they would want it!! So that they would want Jesus living in their lives... Paul wanted to save the unbelievers!  We should live in a way that our joy in Christ shows!... If we aren't we need to figure out why and fix it.  We should live in such a way that we don't even have to seek out unbelievers.  We need to live in such a way that people are asking us why..why are we so happy?.... how do we get through our struggles without worry?... how can we be so loving to our enemies?.... why would we give that away? ..... where does our joy come from? ... why do we work so hard for a company that doesn't really care about us?.... why do we love everybody?..... people should be asking us why!  They should be asking because they see God in us.  How can you make somebody jealous of your relationship with God?

No comments: