I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, July 8, 2011

1.8.11

Acts 26:20 (Paul said) I preach first first to those in Damascus then in Jerusalem and throughout all Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that all must repent of their sins and turn to God -- and prove they have changed by the good things they do.

My Thoughts
There are so many verses we are taught as a child..... so many we just begin to know as an adult that we hear over and over again.  I believe that the last part of this verse should be one that we put into our remembrance. It is so, so important but so often not practiced by Christians today. We need to prove that we are changed by the good things we do.  We should go about doing good in such a way that people know that we are Christians. People should be able to see the love of God in our heart by our actions.  Not just at Church but at home, work, play... while we shop, play golf.  While we are on vacation...by the way we celebrate...we should go about doing good things...saying kind things... we should go about showing love to everyone one we come in contact with!  We should be like the song "And they will know that we are Christians by our love, by our love." It is not enough to say we are Christians and show up at Church on Sunday morning... We need to show up as Christians in our everyday life! We need to go about proving we have changed by the good things we do. These are not Paul's commandments..these are from Jesus himself... in verse 16 Paul tells how Jesus told him to "Get to your feet! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and witness. You Are to tell the world what you have seen and what I will show you in the future." Jesus wants us to prove we have changed. Lets get busy and go about doing good! What we do for others we are doing for God.

No comments: