I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 11, 2011

7.11.11

Psalms 9:2a I will be filled with joy because of you (God).

My Thoughts
This verse of all my verses today just really stood out.  Maybe it is because my birthday is coming up.... but I though of how much joy we feel when somebody thinks of us and gives us a gift.  We feel so loved ... so cared about... we feel joy! A moment of "Wow! How special is this!!" God gives us all we have! Everything we have is a gift from God. Our families.... our abilities... our health.... our homes... our jobs.... flowers... rainbows...... the list goes on forever...... all those things that we forget to be thankful for.... sometimes they are gifts for the whole world....and sometimes they are gifts just for us!! Have you ever seen a rainbow and felt so blessed by it that it felt like it was just for you?... well it God may just have made it just for you! If we could learn to stop and really count our blessings each day... each morning it could change our lives.... we tend to get up and think "I have so much to do today!" and start out overwhelmed and stressed.  But what if we started out with "God has given me so much, today he has given me _______"  ........Today God gave me a dear husband that always kisses me bye in the morning...never forgets to tell me he loves me. God gave me this dear man! God gave me my children... and my son-in-law....and my son's girlfriend...they belong to me... a gift from God.... and they are a gift to each other.  When I stop and think of them....truly think of them as the gift they are, I feel joy. I love peaceful mornings...today I have a peaceful morning...the crickets are chirping...my sweet animals are laying in the room with me...I love that!  It is a gift from God!..I live in a country where it is ok to write about God's word..that is a gift from God. So often I don't stop and feel the joy of this moment.  Robby, my husband falls off to sleep better if he puts his hand where he can feel that I am there next to him...that always makes me smile, always. But I don't always stop and soak in the joy of the moment... a moment that God gave to me.  It is my choice to notice the moments, the things God gives me.  If I would take the time to notice, to be thankful of all my gifts I would be more mindful of living in a way that would make God want to give me more of them.  I love giving gifts to somebody when I see the joy in their face when I do.  Don't you bet God feels the same way about our reactions to what He gives us?  We need to take the time to be filled with joy because of God.  It is your choice, will you see the joy in your day? Will you choose to make God glad the He gave you the gifts He choose to give to you? I will be better at choosing joy.  Today one of God's gifts to me was making me aware that I need to stop and notice all my gifts.

No comments: