I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7.12.11

Romans 1:12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also what to be encouraged by yours.

My Thoughts
Someone to encourage you in your faith is so important!... that is why we need to surround ourselves with other Christians.... we need somebody to lift us up when life gets hard... somebody to remind us  how wonderful God is and what God can do.  We need to be there for others when life gets hard.  In Exodus things got hard for Moses and his friends helped.....

11 As long as Moses held up the staff in his hand, the Israelites had the advantage. But whenever he dropped his hand, the Amalekites gained the advantage. 12 Moses’ arms soon became so tired he could no longer hold them up. So Aaron and Hur found a stone for him to sit on. Then they stood on each side of Moses, holding up his hands. So his hands held steady until sunset. 13 As a result, Joshua overwhelmed the army of Amalek in battle

..... Sometimes we are just not strong enough in body....and sometimes in heart to do what we need to do...sometimes we get to tired to even recognize the  faith inside of us, the world can be so hard.... but, if we surround ourselves with Godly people they can be there to remind us how good God is, how faithful God is.  They can help us hold our faith up just like Aaron and Hur helped Moses hold his arms up. Then in turn we can do the same for others.  We need somebody in our lives that we trust enough to say.... "Today it is hard for me to believe." somebody that knows our heart and won't judge our moment of weakness. We all need help sometimes even in our faith. And we need to work to be the kind of person others can trust with their moments of weakness. God always cares, God always loves.... sometimes we just need to be reminded.

No comments: